Banging the head on walls even doesn’t feel sufficient when something like missing the Android security PIN or password happen. On these occasions you normally try out different ways for data recovery. It’s been a common scenario of data getting deleted while going with different resetting methods in these cases.
How To Reset Your Android Password:
However, there is an interesting way available as well that lets you in resetting the forgotten password, or security PIN without even missing a single data from your android. There is a nifty hack file available, simply flashing which through custom recovery over your product can do the job at an ease. Basically, the method guides your device in removing the password.key and gestuire.key files from the product, and in turn your device gets reset.
This method can be prolific for all the android power devices, though originally it was tested on a Samsung device. To be specific, it has been seen to be working fine with range of android devices like Galaxy S line-up, some of the HTC and Sony products.
Well, below we have provided the requisite steps to reset the password over your android device without losing any single data.
- Make sure there is a custom recovery available incorporated with your android device. It is suggested to go with TWRP recovery that offers surplus options to go with.
Download the zip file given below within the native memory of your Android device.
- As the custom recovery is available over your Android, boot it to the custom recovery mode.
- Next, go through the Install zip option from custom recovery, and pick the above zip file from the native memory of your android. Now tap OK.
- This is going to make you available to reset the device’s security PIN/Password.
- Now make your device go switched off, and then restart it, and you will find no password there. Anyway, upon finding the pattern lock screen again, you can go for anything you wish and it gets unlocked spontaneously. Voila! Your job is done. You can now go for any other password, pattern lock or security PIN, the way you like.
The Google Authorized Way:
Here we come up with officially acknowledged way by Google on this matter. You just need to ensure of having internet connectivity along a valid mail account.
- Tap on Forgot Password or Forgot Pattern. Upon putting wrong passwords five times, it asks whether you have forgotten the password, and go through the Forgot Password.
- Now it asks whether you would go with the security questions, else, you have to put your log-in data.
- Click on Enter Google account. To answer the security questions, click on Answer questions.
- However, those who have forgotten the login detail can go through the Google recovery section. Post finishing the resting process, you can out your fresh detail to unlock the device.
- As the Google ID of you has been checked, you are asked to go with a fresh security lock, which can be PIN, pattern lock or a password. Go with the one that you like.